What is an Implant Supported Crown?
An implant supported crown is a dental restoration that replaces a missing tooth by inserting an artificial titanium root into the jawbone and attaching an artificial tooth to it. It is cemented in place and cannot be easily taken out.
What material is in an Implant Supported Crown?
Crowns are usually made of four types of materials:
- Gold Alloy (commonly gold, platinum, palladium)
- Porcelain fused to an inner core of gold alloy
- Zirconia metal oxide
* Implants are made of titanium
What are the benefits of an Implant Supported Crown?
- It builds back your smile and helps you to speak and chew properly by restoring the natural size, shape, and colour of your teeth.
- It helps maintain tooth, bite and jaw alignment by preventing remaining teeth from shifting out of position.
- There is no need to drill down existing teeth in order to replace the missing tooth as occurs with conventional tooth supported bridges.
At Red Lodge Dental Surgery we have expertly trained staff to deal with your needs and you will be seen in our state of the art modern surgery.